Skip to main content
Virtual Solo & Ensemble At A Glance – Spring 2021
- All performances will be recorded in videos and uploaded. Click Here to download a tutorial for using Google Drive to upload your video entries and then create a shareable access link to provide to the SCBDA.
- The registration deadline for the Spring 2021 Virtual Solo & Ensemble event is March 12, 2021.
- Videos must be uploaded by April 16, 2021. This process should be started as early as possible since it will be a time-consuming process. No videos will be accepted after April 16 for any reason.
- Any student who wishes to multitrack an ensemble on their own by performing each of the parts may register as a solo.
- Please see the handbook for detailed information regarding virtual solo and ensemble rules and procedures. It has been updated to reflect this year’s events.
- Rules regarding the performance of music for a rating are the same as in previous years.
- Directors are responsible for checking publishers’ current exceptions to copyright permissions regarding the sharing of recorded performances for each piece being submitted.
- Original copies of the music can be provided to judges, but it is not a requirement. Directors are responsible for ensuring that students are performing music that has been purchased and/or adheres to copyright law and that any upload is allowed by that publisher. Many publishers currently allow music to be shared for the purposes of adjudication.