The following National Standards for Music (Ensemble) are addressed in the execution of these SCBDA sponsored events:
MU:Pr4.2.E Analyze the structure and context of varied musical works and their implications for performance.
MU:Pr4.3.E Develop personal interpretations that consider creators’ intent.
MU:Pr5.3.E Evaluate and refine personal and ensemble performances, individually or in collaboration
MU:Pr6.1.E Perform expressively, with appropriate interpretation and technical accuracy, and in a manner appropriate to the audience and context.
The following South Carolina College and Career Ready Standards for Instrumental Music are addressed in the execution of these SCBDA sponsored events:
Anchor Standard 3 I can produce a characteristic tone.
Anchor Standard 4 I can perform with technical accuracy and expression.
Anchor Standard 5 I can perform using musical notation.
Anchor Standard 9 I can relate music to other arts disciplines, other content areas, and career path choices.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To recognize outstanding achievements among the band students of South Carolina.
- To provide encouragement and guidance for the serious students of music.
- To provide worthwhile educational and social experiences for deserving students.
- To provide enriched music experiences for the participants.
- To promote regional and statewide interest in band music.
- To provide opportunities for the formation of new acquaintances and friendships among students with common abilities, interests, and problems.
- To provide a medium through which band directors of the state may exhibit their top students.
- To provide worthwhile in-service training for the directors in the state.
- To promote opportunity for expanded knowledge of band repertoire among students and directors.