- The registration deadline is November 10, 2023. Region Chairs will not accept any registration postmarked or submitted online after November 10, 2023. (Directors should take note that this is a postmark deadline.) Directors who complete the entire registration process online must upload all documents and make payment prior to the November 10th. Incomplete online registrations will not be accepted.
- Home schooled students may participate under the following stipulations:
- Home-schooled students must participate in a home school band program.
- Home school band student’s families must be members of a South Carolina Home School Association.
- Home school band students must register through their band director, who must be a member of SCBDA. (see Chapter 1; Article III, Section 2 and 4) Parents of home school students and private studio teachers or instructors may not register students.
- Directors must send documentation of home school student’s family’s SCHSA membership in lieu of a principal’s signature.
- Directors must send a current roster of all participants in the home school band, including instrument and grade.
- Directors must send a current rehearsal schedule, including number of scheduled
- Directors must send a program from a concert performance within the last year.
- Directors must send documentation showing that at least 50% of the ensemble is comprised of home school students.
- Non home-schooled band members must meet all the requirements of the band they are a member of.
- Non home-schooled band students must attend at least 90% of the rehearsals.
- Non home-schooled band students must perform in 100% of the required performances.
- Non home-schooled band students must maintain a B average.
- Students enrolled at the Governor’s School for the Arts are required to register from and audition in their “home” region. These students would still be listed as Governor’s School students and the Governor’s School for the Arts would receive credit for them toward the Concert Achievement Award.
- Region Chairmen will email the audition schedules on or before the first Friday in December. If an error is discovered after the schedule is made available, the director must notify the Region Chairman via e-mail on or before the second Friday in December. After this date, the region audition schedule is final, and no changes of any kind will be made.
- Only the Band Director may register students to audition for Region or All-State Band. Directors are asked to register students for auditions using the Online Registration Form found on Bandlink. This form must be submitted through the website once all the information is correct and complete. Directors will also be required to print a copy of these forms e-mailed to them after submitting online, obtain the appropriate signatures, and either mail them to the Region Chair or upload them as a single PDF on Bandlink. Forms will not be accepted via e-mail. Region Chairs are instructed to return incorrect forms to the director, and his students will not be registered until the deficiencies are corrected.
- An audition fee of $12.00 per student must be included with the registration form or paid online. Make checks payable to SCBDA. Registration fees for the Region Band Clinics are at the discretion of the Region Chairs and will be paid at the completion of all auditions.
- Band Directors are urged to register only those students who, in the director’s opinion, possess the genuine caliber of musicianship that will prove to be an asset to the All-State and Region Bands. The director is also responsible for knowing that each of his/her students is cognizant of all audition requirements.
Fort Mill High School
215 N. Highway Bypass
Fort Mill, SC 29715
Dorman Freshman Campus
1225 Cavalier Way
Roebuck, SC 29376