Region Audition Update 1/4/2017 @ 2:30PM

Dear Colleagues,
Over the past few days we have begun receiving e-mails/communications regarding the plans for the SCBDA Region Auditions this weekend regarding the current winter weather forecast. I wanted to take a moment to update everyone on the current situation and our thought process/plans moving forward.
Please know there continues to be constant communication between the All-State Chairman, Region Chairmen, Site Hosts and the Executive Board regarding the potential issues this weekend. We are operating under the direction that we will have region auditions this weekend if safety permits. Our first priority has to be the safety of students/parents/directors as they travel. We are currently working contingency plans for delayed starts (where needed) to try to make this Saturday work if that is a viable option. That being said, there are numerous details in play that will have to be considered such as:

-Road conditions/safety concerns
-Site availability in the event of inclement weather
-Possible district travel restrictions
-Site availability if we move to the inclement weather date
All of these items and more will be considered if/when we have to make a decision regarding this weekend.

The SCBDA established inclement weather audition dates years ago to have a contingency for winter weather events and if necessary, that option will be used. We understand that if this option is implemented that it will present challenges to everyone effected, but we must do what is best to insure the safety of everyone involved, as well as maintain the best possible opportunity to complete the audition process. If we do have to implement this option at one or more of the region sites, then all audition times/judging assignments will carry over to the inclement weather weekend. Please begin making contingency plans in the event that this option becomes necessary.

Thank you,
Joe F. Gulledge III
President, SCBDA