Annual Double Reed Workshop at USC for Region/All-State Band Audition Preparation.
All high school and middle school oboe and basoon players who pan on auditioning for region and all-state band are invited to the All-State Double Reed Workshop at the USC School of Music. Parents, band directors and other area musicians are also welcome to attend. The All-State Double Reed Workshop takes place at USC every other year.
Date: Saturday, December 17, 2016
Time: 10:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: USC School of Music
Registraton begins at 10AM; the last mock auditions are finished no later than 4:30PM.
That day you will…
• Receive individual feedback on your etude performance
• Gain helpful hints for preparing your etude and sight reading
• Reinforce your knowledge of All-State terms
• Learn how to excel at All-State!
Activities are led by Dr. Rebecca Nagel, professor of oboe, and Dr. Michael Harley, professor of bassoon.
Tracy Leenman from Musical Innovations, Greenville, S.C., will be in attendance, bringing music, reeds and accessories for sale.
• Games to reinforce all-state terms
• Workshops on audition preparation and sight-reading skills
• Master classes on the 2016-17 all-state etudes (junior, clinic and senior levels) for both oboe and bassoon
• A mock audition with personalized feedback; attendees perform the required all-state etude for their level
• Professional-quality oboe and bassoon reeds available for purchase
The $30 pre-registration fee, available for all who register before December 17, covers all activities, a pizza lunch, and snacks. Parents may attend for free.
Register online or download the registration form and mail.
Walk-up registration ($35) is also available December 17 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208.
For more information
Contact Rebecca Nagel or Michael Harley